* 3/4 pound(s) Italian pork sausage, casings removed
* 2 (8-ounce) zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
* 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
* 1 pound(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
* White from 1 large egg
* 8 ounce(s) fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
* 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
* 3 cup(s) jarred tomato sauce
* 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
* 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sauté sausage and zucchini in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until sausage is browned and zucchini tender. Remove skillet from heat; cool slightly.
3. Combine ricotta, egg white, mozzarella, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce on bottom of a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably cast-iron or nonstick. Top with 2 noodles, long sides touching. Spoon 1/3 each of the sausage mixture, cheese mixture, and basil leaves over noodles.
4. Assemble 2 more layers, beginning with 2 noodles, then 3/4 cup of the sauce, 1/3 of the sausage mixture, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the basil leaves, ending top layer with the last 2 noodles.
5. Spread the remaining 3/4 cup sauce over top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.