Don’t know about you, but the thought of Jack Frost nipping at my nose, contending with frigid temps and snow drifts higher than my 5 foot frame does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I wouldn’t say I was a “Humbug” about this changing season as there is nothing more beautiful than an untouched landscape of pristine, virgin snow that glitters like diamonds in the sunlight. Winter does a heck of a number on our skin, however, and if not cared for properly, can cause some damaging effects. Frigid air lacks humidity and dries up natural oils in your skin, causing it to lose its moisture. Blustering winds can cause chafing windburn and indoor heating systems can prove a culprit as well.
So what’s a girl to do? Here are some tips on protecting your skin this winter.
- Suppose to be doing this anyways – water – water – water – at least 8 glasses a day
- Use a soap for sensitive skin this time of year
- Wet clothes can irritate so, change right away from winter activities & exercising outdoors
- Use laundry detergents pure of perfumes and dyes
- Don’t soak/shower long in hot water
- Moisturize your skin while it’s still damp after bathing
- Use petroleum jelly on skin exposed to long periods of cold, wind and sun
- UV rays are just as strong so, protect your skin with at least an SPF 15